Friday, March 29, 2013

5 Photo Essay

Installing a lowering kit on a Prelude
Installing an exhaust kit with my brother on his Civic



Performing a tune-up and replacing seals
 I have always wanted to learn everything I can about all types of vehicles and how they work. I finally became a mechanic when I joined the Army. I never thought I could enjoy something so much! You get dirty, covered in oil, smash your hand on hard metal, nearly brake yourself getting into awkward positions to reach a certain part for the job, I have been electrocuted, accidentally swallowed almost all different weights of oil, unleaded fuel, diesel fuel, coolant, and I love every second of it. I will always enjoy LOVE being a mechanic!


I love to draw, I've been doing it for years. Sadly I don't draw as often as I used to. It's a great release and always fun to be creative!
By Josh Hills
By Josh Hills
Me in Iraq with my baby.. my 240B
 There are no words to describe how proud I am to have served our country. I enjoyed the Army so much! Like a lot of other soldiers when you go to Iraq or some other combat zone, you start out quite fearful of what could happen. The suspense of not knowing. Then once you get over the constant gun fire and mortars dropping all the time and you get used to constant feeling being in danger that it's a normal feeling, you don't want to leave. If the U.S. went into another war (like oh say.. north korea) I would rejoin and gladly deploy and fight the fight!

Photo taken by: Josh Hills at SF beach
I Love photography, though I've never had a good camera or had any training or schooling, I just have an eye for great pictures. And if you haven't noticed by now I LOVE THE BEACH!! and my favorite kind of picture is of a sunset on water or just something like that, it's always so full of color.

7 comments:

  1. Great post dude. This gives me great incite of who you are and what your interests are. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh is a great mechanic!he fixed my car!haha,you have a hard strive josh, i know you'll make it far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post, brings me back a bit and makes me miss my prelude. R.I.P And Personally i think synthetic tastes better haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, haha agreed, I would take oil in the mouth over fuel anyday.

      Delete
  4. My dad is great with cars. Too bad I never learned from him. My parents split when I was almost a year and a half and I only see him about once a year, so he hasn't taught me anything about cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good way to learn the basics is just ask questions and work on your own cars (at least the easy jobs at first; Tire change, oil change, tune ups, etc.)until you get the hang of things. If you end up enjoying work on engines, it's a rewarding skill to have especially when the work needed done is expensive. I have saved hundreds, if not thousands on fixing a problem myself and saved friends alot of money too. (everyone loves having a mechanic friend).

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing a bit more about you and what drives and motivates you . Great "5 photo essay." I enjoyed seeing your art-both drawings and photography./lm

    ReplyDelete